When our founders established The Lake County Community Foundation in 2003, this visionary group recognized Lake County needed a permanent, charitable entity to pool the financial resources of the community to elevate and address the county’s most urgent needs.
True to our beginning, for nearly 20 years, we have worked to become the center of knowledge of community needs, a strategic resource for the nonprofit sector and a premier partner that donors entrust with their philanthropy.
- In partnership with our donors, we have invested over $11.5 million into Lake County’s nonprofit sector, placing dollars directly into organizations addressing our neighbors’ most basic needs.
- We have grown from managing one $500,000 operating fund in 2003 to stewarding 36 component funds totaling over $23 million, rising as a trusted local leader in philanthropy.
- We have moved the needle on a variety of community issues, from our decade-long leadership with Live Well Lake County, addressing community health, to funding and fledging critical cross-sector collaborations such as the Alliance for Human Services, Partnership for a Safer Lake County and launching our 3-year initiative to increase access to affordable and nutritious food.
- When our community needed us most during the COVID-19 pandemic, we quickly mobilized and established Lake County’s only permanent Crisis Relief Fund, raising and distributing over $1.6 million to frontline nonprofits.
- And in the past year alone, we launched a Racial Equity, Diversity and Inclusion program and Small Business Growth Initiative, two high priority initiatives as we strive to make Lake County a more equitable place.
Report to the Community
Annually, we share our story via a Report to the Community illustrating our accomplishments and growth for the year.
This is always a great opportunity for us to not only highlight our work, but also to show our gratitude for the incredible donors and our community that makes this work possible. Check out past reports below to see how we have grown through the years!
Coordinating Access to Affordable, Nutritious Food
In 2017, The Lake County Community Foundation (LCCF) launched a 3-year proactive grant making strategy to increase access to affordable, nutritious food across Lake County.
This pilot marked the first time that LCCF had engaged in a multi-year, proactive grant making process. The program was designed to combine strategic community leadership with intentional organizational investment to build a framework to support systems change across Lake County.
Click here to read the full report
Click here to read the executive summary
LCCF Newsletter - Lake County Connection
Our newsletter is published every other month. Click here to subscribe.
October 2022 - Fall Greetings from LCCF
July 2022 - Summer Happenings at LCCF
May 2022 - Record-breaking $1M to local nonprofits!
March 2022 - Grow With Us!
January 2022 - LCCF's Top 21 of 2021