Eligibility Requirements and Funding Limitations
The Foundation considers applications from organizations that demonstrate success and sustainability with program goals and outcomes. Eligible organizations are:
- Nonprofit agencies with evidence of tax-exempt status under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code or those using a 501(c)(3) fiscal agent.
- Located within and/or primarily serving residents of Lake County, except for regional, statewide or national projects or research that may benefit a substantial portion of Lake County residents.
- Non-discriminatory in the hiring of staff or in providing services on the basis of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, national origin or disability.
The Foundation will not make grants for:
- Sectarian purposes (programs that promote or require a religious doctrine)
- Support of single-disease oriented research, treatment or care
- The sole purpose of writing, publishing, producing or distributing audio, visual or printed material
- The sole purpose of conducting conferences, festivals, exhibitions or meetings
- Reducing operating deficits or liquidating existing debt
- Capital improvements/campaigns
- Endowment campaigns
- Political campaigns
- Sponsorship of events/fundraisers
- Organizations that have an active grant for the same project with The Chicago Community Trust
Exceptions to the above limitations are made only for those donor-directed gifts and endowments that are given with explicit instructions and/or restrictions. Such donor-directed gifts are not open to requests for support.
Facebook reports: (#10) To use 'Page Public Content Access', your use of this endpoint must be reviewed and approved by Facebook. To submit this 'Page Public Content Access' feature for review please read our documentation on reviewable features: https://developers.facebook.com/docs/apps/review.