2020 Grant Application Process
The Lake County Community Foundation’s 2020 Basic Human Needs Grant Cycle is currently closed.
The mid-summer cycle will open Wednesday, July 15, 2020 for our Early Childhood Education, Leadership Development and Animal Welfare priority areas.
- The request for proposals and application will be available on this page on July 15 – please check back!
- The deadline for submission is Tuesday, Sept. 1, 2020.
- The application is in a Word document format and will be submitted via email to Emily Weber at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that organizations may only receive one grant from the Foundation per year. If an organization applies for funding under the Basic Human Needs Cycle and is declined, it may apply for funding within the Early Childhood Education, Leadership Development and Animal Welfare Priority Areas Cycle when it opens in mid-summer.
The Foundation follows an annual process whereby eligible nonprofits may apply for funding. All grants are awarded for one year. Organizations may receive funding for three consecutive years following staff and board review, then are required to take a rest year.
Please note that there are significant changes to our 2020 competitive grant making cycle. Find additional information about our funding guidelines HERE.
*NEW IN 2020*
- Split the Foundation’s one competitive cycle into two cycles with new timelines (see timeline charts below)
- New Leadership Development priority area (visit HERE for more information)
- Simplified email application process – LCCF will no longer use Grant Central for proposal submissions. Applications will now be completed via a Word document and will be submitted through email.
- New application assistance – Check out this technical assistance webinar for more information about changes to our process and cycles.
Below is a breakdown of the new cycles:
The Foundation’s application process includes:
Submission of Application – New this year, the Foundation will no longer use the Grant Central system for proposal submissions. The application will be a Word document (available on this page by Jan. 20, 2020), and will be submitted via email. A proposal is required for any project/program to be considered for funding. Foundation staff will review the proposal to assess the project’s alignment with the Foundation’s goals and priorities, and will then determine whether the project advances to Step 2. Proposals for the 2020 Basic Human Needs Grant Cycle are due on March 2, 2020 by 11:59 p.m. Proposals for the Early Childhood Education, Leadership Development and Animal Welfare priorities cycle are due by Tuesday, Sept. 1, 2020 by 11:59 p.m.
Site Visit Notification – Foundation staff will review all proposals and organizations will be notified before May 2020 if they are invited to participate in a site visit for the Basic Human Needs Cycle and before October 2020 for the Early Childhood Education, Leadership Development and Animal Welfare priorities cycle.
Due Diligence – Organizations invited to participate in a site visit will have their proposals reviewed by Foundation staff and board. Site visits will be held during the months of March-May 2020 for the Basic Human Needs Cycle and September-November for the Early Childhood Education, Leadership Development and Animal Welfare priorities cycle.
Grant Decision – The Foundation’s board of directors determines the final grant awards. Applicants will receive an email notification of award/decline by May 25, 2020 for the Basic Human Needs Cycle and Dec. 2, 2020 for the Early Childhood Education, Leadership Development and Animal Welfare priorities cycle.
Online Reporting of Outcomes – Grant recipients are required to report on outcomes at the mid-term and end of the grant cycle.