2019 Grant Application Process
The Lake County Community Foundation’s 2019 grant cycle opens on February 1, 2019.
The Foundation follows an annual process whereby eligible nonprofits may apply for funding. Multi-year grants may be awarded to organizations addressing access to affordable, nutritious food. All Basic Human Needs general operating grants are awarded for one year. All grants are reviewed annually.
The Foundation’s application process includes:
Online Registration and Application – Online registration and submission of the proposal. Eligible organizations must create an online profile in the Foundation’s grant system, GrantCentral. A proposal is required for any project/program to be considered for funding. Foundation staff will review the proposal to assess the project’s alignment with the Foundation’s goals and priorities, and will then determine whether the project advances to Step 2. Proposals for the 2019 grant cycle are due on March 1, 2019 by 11:59 p.m.
Online Submission of Proposal – Foundation staff will review all proposals and organizations will be notified before May, 2019 if they are invited to participate in a site visit.
Due Diligence – Organizations invited to participate in a site visit will have their proposals reviewed by Foundation staff and board. Site visits will be held during the months of March and May, 2019.
Grant Decision – The Foundation’s board of directors determines the final grant awards. Applicants will receive an email notification of award/decline by June 5, 2019.
Online Reporting of Outcomes – Grant recipients are required to report on outcomes at the mid-term and end of the grant cycle.
ONLINE GRANT SYSTEM
Access the login page. Returning applicants can login. New applicants will need to click Register Here to begin the registration process. Next, please select the option that best describes your organization. On the following page, please click the Search IRS Database button. The best way to find your organization in the IRS database is to enter only your EIN number. Do not include your organization name or address. Once the system finds your organization, click on your organization name. That information will then populate your Organization Information. Finally, complete the Contact Information section and click Submit. Your password will be emailed to you within 5 minutes.
After you receive your password, you can enter your email address and new password in the Login section. You will be prompted to change your password. Your new password must be 8 characters that include 1 uppercase letter, 1 lower case letter and 1 number.
Click on the Funding Opportunities page to find the Lake County application. You can click on the Details button to read information about the funding opportunity. By clicking on Apply Now you will begin your application. You will first complete Eligibility Questions to determine if your organization is a good fit for this application and then begin the application. You don’t need to complete your application at one time. To return to the application you started, go to the Applications tab and click the Edit button under the Open Applications section.
In addition to completing your application, you will need to complete an Organization Profile (last tab in the top row of tabs). You will not be able to submit your application until your organization profile is complete and certified. There is a lot of information in the Organization Profile so please begin working on it early in the process.
When your application is complete and your organization profile has been completed and certified, click the Submit button. If a field is not complete or entered incorrectly you will be prompted to return to that field and fix the problem.
More Tips and Tools
- You can click on the blue Print button on the right side of the application page to print and review the questions. You can also do this for the organization profile.
- You will see a Contact Us button on the top right of every page. If you have an application, system or organization profile question, please click that button and a staff person will respond within 24 hours.
- There are some pop-up tables throughout the application and organization profile. You will need to click the View/Edit button to complete these tables. Be sure to click Save Draft when you have entered text in pop-up tables and then click Save (bottom of page) when that window closes. This system is “in the cloud” so the only way you will see information entered in pop-up tables is to click Save.
- If you are copying text from a Word document into a field in GrantCentral, please limit your text by 20-25 characters than what the field allows. Unfortunately the system counts a character such as an apostrophe or dash as two characters instead of one and you will go over the character limit. Character counts include spaces.
- When entering numbers DO NOT include a dollar sign, comma, decimal point or percentage sign. Only whole numbers are accepted.