Lake County Community Crisis Relief Fund
The Lake County Community Crisis Relief Fund serves as a permanent countywide funding resource in times of emergencies. Originally established in 2020 during the COVID-19 pandemic, the fund provides our Lake County nonprofit providers and other community groups with quick and well-coordinated funding to alleviate unanticipated financial hardship due to community crises. Funds have supported COVID-19 relief efforts including emergency food and supplies, interim housing and shelter, transportation, health care services, utility and financial assistance, support for students, mental health support services and more. To date, we have raised and granted over $1.6 million into the community through the Crisis Relief Fund. Your generous donation ensures that our health and human service partners have the resources they need to quickly respond to urgent needs our Lake County neighbors are facing.
***Currently, we are raising funds to support crisis relief efforts in the wake of the mass shooting at the Highland Park Independence Day Parade. 100% of donations will be granted to support the needs of the community including mental health counseling services, downtown revitalization, violence prevention and education and other urgent needs as they arise. We also invite you to support Highland Park Community Foundation’s July 4 Shooting Response Fund.
Recipients of Lake County Community Crisis Relief Fund Grants
- A Safe Place
- African American Community Partnership Group (AACPG Lake County)
- Alliance for Human Services
- Antioch Area Healthcare Accessibility Alliance (AAHAA)
- Asociacion Comunitaria Latina
- Beacon Place
- Boys & Girls Club of Lake County
- Community Action Partnership of Lake County
- Connect Waukegan
- Curt's Café
- ElderCare Lake County
- Fight2Feed and BellaRu Catering
- Farmworker and Landscaper Advocacy Project (FLAP)
- Grace to Share Food Pantry - Treasure Seekers Church of God
- Highland Park Community Foundation
- Highwood Public Library
- Hispanic American Community Education and Services (HACES)
- Keeping Families Covered
- Mano a Mano Family Resource Center
- Mothers Trust Foundation
- Mundelein Parks Foundation
- Nicasa Behavioral Health Services
- Northern Illinois Food Bank
- North Chicago Community Partners
- North Chicago Public Education Foundation
- North Suburban Legal Aid Clinic
- PADS Lake County
- Roberti Community House
- Rosalind Franklin University
- Waukegan Public Library
- Willow House
- Youth & Family Counseling
Donations may be made:
- By Credit Card.
To make a credit card contribution to the Crisis Relief Fund online click here, or use one of the "Donate Today" buttons.
- By Check.
If you wish to make a gift by check to support the fund, please make your check payable to: "The Lake County Community Foundation" and reference “The Lake County Community Crisis Relief Fund” in the memo line.
Mail your check to
1200 University Center Drive, Suite 333
Grayslake, IL 60030
- By Other.
Please contact Wendy Richter, Director of Donor Services & Operations, at firstname.lastname@example.org to request the Foundation’s gift instructions should you wish to make a wire transfer or gift of stock.
For general questions about the Lake County Community Crisis Relief Fund, please contact Maggie Morales, Executive Director, at email@example.com or 847-377-0520.
For media inquiries, please contact Emily Weber, Director of Programs & Community Investment, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 847-377-0520.
For donor inquiries or to donate by stock or wire transfer, please contact Wendy Richter, Director of Donor Services & Operations, at email@example.com or 847-377-0520.
Frequently Asked Questions
Thank you to our funding partners